Tuesday, July 31, 2012

chubby girl running

The PET scan went fine.  It was at 7:30 am so Nick stayed home with Elise while I went.  It's kind of sad I think about the Egg McMuffin I get on the way home pretty much the whole time.  (Actually what's sadder is that I have a PET scan "tradition".  I think this is my 6th one?  Not sure.)  And when I drive up at 10:30 I just pray they're still serving breakfast while I slurp in my drool.  The fat girl inside me wanted to order the Egg McMuffin with a side of hotcakes with a side of cinnamon roll.  But I refrained.  Be proud, people.  Be proud. 

Speaking of my inner fat girl - I've lost about 10 pounds.  I've been using MyFitnessPal - it's kind of like Facebook for dieters.  It's a calorie counter and it has a huge database.  I use my iPad and I can scan barcodes of whatever food I'm eating.  It's awesome and addicting.  And I'm trying to be healthier - you know because I had cancer and stuff.  But I really want to wear smaller pants...10 pounds to go. 

I did the Couch to 5K program - and it totally works.  Pick your jaws up off the floor now.   I can run for a solid 20-30 minutes now after 9 weeks.  When I started I couldn't even run for 2 minutes - so this is major progress.  Lauren and I are even running TWO 5Ks this weekend.  We are so athletic.


I never said I was a fast runner.  Actually the longer I sit here watching the women's gymnastics the more I think I could totally do that.  However Nick has informed me that my spontaneous floor exercise dance is seriously lacking in gracefulness and technical skills.  I actually tried to do a somersault the other day and kind of hurt my neck. 

But enough about me.
The other day I thought washing the car would be a fun activity for Elise.  She got bored and thought playing with the hose was way more fun.  So then I quit washing the car halfway through.  It was way too hot.
 

5 comments:

  1. woohoo! i loved this post, sooo funny, i was lol there for a little bit :) I can't believe we're doing two races this weekend, go us! Elise sure is cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word you are so funny!! I am so proud of you for all your running! And I love myfitnesspal, so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOLed at least twice reading this, ESP about eagerly anticipating the prized egg mcmuffin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did your races go? You guys are such studs!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...