Saturday, July 14, 2012

we have a swimmer!

Today was our last day of swimming! ISR has been so great.  Mr. Michael came out to the lake today to swim with Elise, Ava, and Vivian.  Ava & Vivi are the neighbors who introduced us to ISR.  And a disclaimer - Elise cries the whole time -- but she always talks about "Miiiiiike" and how "niiiisch" he is.  


Elise now has the skills she needs to swim and survive should she accidentally fall off the dock or in a pool or something.  It is really amazing.  All it takes is daily lessons for seven weeks -- sheesh I hardly know what I will do with my afternoons now!

We recorded the whole lesson today because my Mom and Dad are still on vacation in Alaska.  They were sad they couldn't be here to see it but have been having tons of fun hiking, four-wheeling, and white water rafting.  I'm not kidding...Terri has done all of those things in the last two weeks.  You may now pick up your jaw from the floor.  I'm requesting photo documentation.

 We caught a little turtle at the lake today.  Ava named him "Scratchy".

He lives under the dock.  We made Nick get him.

And Elise got a new hat.  She is so cute and I want to kiss her sweet face all the time. 

2 comments:

  1. That was quite a video! I found myself straining with her, trying to stay afloat, climbing the ladder. Good girl!! I think she's happier being on dry land, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did so good!! And looks adorable in her new hat :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...