Sunday, August 5, 2012

results, colbie, & a giant popsicle

I should first say - PET scan results are really good. The report states that "no abnormal foci of increased activity are noted withing the neck, chest, abdomen, or pelvis to suggest residual or recurrent lymphoma".  Phew.  So now we're good until another PET scan in November. 

After that was out of the way we went to FMG for their outdoor concert series.  It's pretty cool - everyone brings their own chairs and food and sneaks in drinks.  We used a home-made wine purse with a classy bag of wine (done by my crafty mom) but the people behind us had a binoculars flask.  Awesome.  We saw Colbie Callait who was totally adorable and so so good.  And I want her outfit. 

We got amazing spots because Aubrey sneaked to the front of the line and threw her body on the grass in order to hold spots for 5 chairs.  And a 30 pound wine purse. 

Gavin DeGraw was there too.  Eh.  We left his part a little early to escape the mob of traffic.  I'm pretty sure he's balding under that fancy hat.

I went to the lake at the crack of dawn Saturday morning for the Green Lake 5k.  Dad and all the sisters ran three miles.  Go us!  I ran the whole time but I have figured out I am the slowest runner ever.  Took me 36 minutes.  Gotta work on the speed now...

Nick's work rented out 5th/3rd Ballpark for their yearly party.  There is TONS of people that work for Gentex and they provided food and a really fun afternoon.  Elise never gets pop so we was loving this diet coke.  She wouldn't let go and kept wanting more "nummies". 


And then she got the biggest popsicle of her life.  All of this stuff was free!

It was pretty cool - they had the whole outfield open with games.  Elise just ran really really fast.  Fun fact - that giant Fifth Third Burger was featured on Man vs. Food.  It weighs like 20 pounds or something.


Our friend Jacob was there too!

I've got another post coming up about the Color Run.  This weekend was insane.  I have nothing on my calendar for next weekend and I can't wait. 

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy with your PET scan news... yay yay!!! What a fun and sporty weekend you had! That concert sounded so fun, I LOVE Gavin DeGraw... jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...