Monday, January 2, 2012

Year in Review

I thought I'd put together a little highlight reel of 2011.  Can you believe Elise looked like this a year ago??  Elise sweetie, please stop growing!!!  In January we spent a lot of time in the Baby Bjorn, drooling, took a trip to St. Louis to meet our cousins, and attempted more baby food.

In February we discovered our toes and survived the "snowzaster" of 2011.

March took us to Arizona and we started crawling!

In April we met some more cousins in Springfield, IL, mastered the sippy cup and turned 9 months old. 

In May we took the first boat ride of the year, celebrated Mother's day, and spent some time at the Lake. 

June was HOT.  We wore lots of sunscreen.  We also took some swimming lessons and had our FIVE year anniversary. 

July was busy!  Elise turned 1, started walking, and we had some family pictures taken.  I had some nice hair in July...sheesh.  Everyone take a second and be glad they have hair.  I remember thinking then I was having a bad hair day.  Bahaha.  That family picture was taken about two weeks before I was diagnosed. 

August was pretty huge for us.  The beginning took us to Ludington with the Gootes - so much fun.   We also sold our house, and I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  August was rough to say the least.

September we started my treatment, and took Elise to Robinettes.  My hair started to fall out and Elise fell in love with her soft blanket

October took us to a farm where we picked a pumpkin and petted some goats.   It was also Elise's first Halloween!



In November Elise wore Grandma's baby sweater, we put up Christmas decorations way too early, and spent Thanksgiving in Peoria.  We also bought out new house!

December was filled with fruit snacks, pigtails, and presents. 

This year has been a little tough.   We honestly could not have done it without our family and friends - so thank you thank you thank you.   Next year is looking more optimistic.  We'll be done with cancer, I'll grow some hair back, and we have a few really fun trips planned.  It's only getting better.  

I have my 9th chemo treatment tomorrow where we'll get the results of my PET scan last week.  We're really anxious to hear and we'll keep you posted. 

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing! hoping for great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great post!!! LOVE the year in review! Cannot believe how much Elise has changed!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...