Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Snow! {and PET Scan Results}

We finally have snow!  We got a couple inches overnight on Monday.  Elise was very very interested in Daddy snowblowing the driveway. 

We took her outside for a little while to see what she would do.  She could barely move.  And her thumbs wont fit into the thumb part of the mittens so she can't hold anything. 

She of course headed straight for the only stairs in sight.  Elise loves stairs.


Daddy pulled her around on the sled for awhile.  We were all getting a little cold. 

I took a video of the cuteness but accidentally deleted it.  Argh.  We'll do it again soon!

We had my 9th chemo treatment yesterday.  Everything went smoothly and now I only have THREE left!  I can't believe it.  So far I'm feeling pretty good still, so I hope that continues.  Elise and I are just hanging out in soft clothes today.  We also got PET Scan results.  Everything looks really good.  My scan was considered "PET negative" which means nothing lights up.  Active cancer cells light up on this type of scan.  So that's really good news.  There is still a small 2cm mass, but that may always be there - the doctor said it could be scar tissue but it should be nothing to worry about.  He still recommended I finish out all 12 chemo sessions - just to be absolutely careful.   He did said I may not need radiation, which would be great.  We will meet with the radiation oncologist towards the end of my treatment to be sure.  


So there's an update for ya.  It's almost naptime around the Goote house.  Here's hoping Elise sleeps a long time so Mommy can too!

8 comments:

  1. Elise looks adorable and a little chilly in her sled! Can't believe you're almost done...love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a good PET scan!!!! SO happy!!!

    Love all the snow! Elise looks SO cute and puffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo!!!! Yay for good PET results! That's awesome! I love Elise all bundled up - soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so happy about PET results!!! Why can't Elise's thumb fit in her mitten? Did she inherit some large thumbs from the Goote's or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahhahaha... Elise's mittens are a little too big so her thumbs don't fit. I'm not aware of any freakishly large thumbs on the Goote side... Although now I'm a little worried...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As we've said before--you are really good at chemo, Rachel. So happy for you. And I LOVE Elise's snowsuit! Again, the best-dressed little girl I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so, so, so, so happy about PET scan! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...