Wednesday, January 18, 2012

10 down. 2 to go.

I had my tenth chemo treatment yesterday.  10 chemos is a LOT.  Holy cow.  2 more to go.  Only 2 more.  Chemo was pretty routine.  My doctor keeps telling me I'm his easiest patient ever.  As long as we keep the hot flashes under control and the Ambien flowing, I do pretty well.  :-)  My white counts were pretty low again so I had to go back this afternoon for another Neulasta shot.  

 We're five months in now from diagnosis.  One more month until we're all done with chemo.  I cannot wait.  Then we have another PET scan and we'll meet with the radiation oncologist to see if radiation therapy will be necessary.  It's a big maybe right now.

I am just SO sick of it all.

 I'm sick of functioning on an every-other week basis.  I get all hyper the weekend before chemo to clean my house, get all the laundry done because I just don't feel like doing it after treatment.

I'm sick of being bald.  So not cute.

I'm so sick of feeling so tired all the time.   I'm so glad I have my amazing family who takes Elise and lets me nap.  Naps are the best these days. 

I'm sick of having no energy to sew, or do crafts and cute things to my house.  Luckily my house looks amazingly adorable thanks to my mom and sisters who have an amazing knack for cuteness. 

Only 2 more.  The end is in sight.

Here's a picture of our sweet Elise watching Elmo last week.  Girlfriend loves her some Elmo. 

8 comments:

  1. Aw, Rachel. I wish there was something I could do to help you. But I'm so thankful that you do have your amazing family there to help you. The end is in sight. Hang in there. Hugs to you--and sweet Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 more.....yay!! Almost there!!! Love that pic of Elise...she's super cute and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this post brings tears to my eyes. The end is in sight! Please call me or email me if I can help you out with anything...I'm not too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only two more. Only two more! I hate that you are going through this. But, you will get there SOON.

    Elise's hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oopsy. Love you rach. I think we are gonna try to come to mich in feb for a quick weekend FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwwwwww...............I hope you feel better soon. How do you like your new house? Have you posted any pictures of it yet? Cuz I must have missed it. LOVE YOU TONS!!! Do you have a fireplace? I'm feeling afghan on the couch by the fire...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're almost done Rach! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...