Monday, January 23, 2012

tea party

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Haven't taken many pictures.  Finally feeling normal again today.  Well, normal with a cold.    Elise and I are both pretty snotty these days.   

Sorry my last post made everyone so depressed.   I really didn't mean to.   It's just that 10 chemo treatments will do that to you.   I'm feeling much better today.    It could be that just this week I received flowers (Thanks Oosterhouses!), an amazing spa gift card (Thanks Linnea!), and a Starbucks gift card (Thanks Auntie Hen!), and several more cards in the mail.   Wow.  Who knew that a depressing post could yield so many presents?   I'm kidding.  I have amazing friends and family that I appreciate so much.  So thank you -- it seriously brightens my day and makes me feel so loved.   We're almost through this!

Elise and I have been having lots of tea parties lately.   My mom thought she needed a tea set and I'm pretty sure she was right.  The Gootes brought this cute little table back from Ikea last weekend.  It's perfect for tea parties.  Thanks everyone.



In completely unrelated news.... the little (aka HUGE) guy from this post is back.  A little water in my mom and dad's basement forced them to look inside the sump-pump, where they discovered our little friend and his girlfriend.   We had duct taped the top to avoid any more frog-in-the-basement issues, but our little froggy friend returned to his beloved sump-pump home.  My dad had to fish them out - which apparently involved him sticking his head in the sump-pump and cutting his neck.  I was informed of all of this by several phone calls back and forth and eventually I was sent proof:
 
Yes - two frogs in the bottom of a Home Depot bucket with a Coke can as a reference for size so we could never be accused of exaggerating.  Who?  Us?  Exaggerate?  You must be mistaken.  :-)  Anyways.  GROSS.   

2 comments:

  1. Dad is very brave! Elise is the best and so are you...So glad this is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got those same phone calls Rach! Elise and that tea party set is about the cutest thing ever, so glad you are feeling better now! That frog sure was gross, now dad believes us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...