Friday, December 16, 2011

if you're happy and you know it...

clap your hands!

When this kid is healthy - she is the happiest kid on earth.  

We spent yesterday running a few errands and then Elise decided that she would take the longest nap of her life.  2 1/2 hours people.  this.is.a.miracle.  Remember this?  After two hours I was just hoping she wasn't dead.  Kidding...she was making a few peeps now and then so I wasn't too worried.

Then just today we almost skipped nap all together.  We drove home from the mall trying to keep her awake.  This involves me singing along to Veggie Tales songs at the top of my lungs.  ["I need to tell you somethin'...I don't got a belly button!!!!!!!"]  She wasn't too amused but didn't fall asleep.   I just put her down when I heard it - the beep of a smoke alarm with a dead battery.  I could not find it.  I've only lived here two weeks!  So - after standing in every room upstairs waiting for the beep, I found it.  And when I took the battery out it went off.  Loud.  I thought I was doomed.  Elise wasn't asleep and was crying pretty hard at this point.  Luckily, a few snuggles and a little milk calmed her down and she eventually fell asleep again.  Phew.  I love naps.  

And I'm so excited - I won a blog giveaway!  This never happens.  I won the cutest hat for Elise from my bloggy friend Janae.  Woohoo thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet happy child! I hope she feels this good when I'm there next time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...