Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I lived in a pottery barn catalog

No joke.  It really looks like Pottery Barn in there.  
I say "lived" because I don't live here anymore.  This is my Mom's house - a.k.a. our home for the last three months.   It's beautiful and perfectly decorated for Christmas.  Since before Thanksgiving. 

My Mom made all this stuff.  Even the fancy wreath on the door.  We thought we would put it on Etsy and see if anyone would buy it.  Someone did and then we made another one for the front door.   We then realized it would cost $78 to ship it.  The buyer didn't want it anymore.   So now we have two.  

This woman doesn't just clean out her window boxes in the fall.   She fills them with balls.  Some of them light up.

Apparently I was a bit difficult as a child.    This isn't just up at Christmas. 

Mmmmm cozy.  This is where we do Christmas fondue.  Except the light is then covered up with a garbage bag.

What can I say - the woman likes balls.

Seriously.  This place is beautiful.  Just don't touch anything.

This is what Elise did while I took these pictures.

We sure loved living at this house for a little while.  We will miss you Grandpa & Grandma!  And even though Elise makes it messy in here, I know Grandma will miss us because she started crying when she left us at our house on Sunday.  Like ugly crying.  We live 30 minutes away.  

There you go!  A little Christmas tour of the lake house.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful home and glad you are doing well! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...