Friday, December 9, 2011

sweet elise

She has not been feeling too perky lately.  Neither has Mommy actually, and we are SO glad Auntie Lauren is here and staying with us at our new house to help out.   I think Elise had a reaction to her shots last week and has had a little fever.  She needs to be held all.the.time. and is just not her sweet self.  Today has been better, so after our new washing machine and dryer were delivered this morning we headed over to Grandma's for a change of scenery.

Here's a rare moment of happiness last night with some straws:

We let Auntie Lauren pick out her outfits while she's here.   This one's courtesy of Grandma Goote from our trip to Ludington this summer.  It finally fits!  And it is so so so cute we laugh just looking at that cute ruffled butt. 

Her newest obsession:  fruit snacks.  She scarfs them.

Poor sweet girl.  I hate it when she doesn't feel good.

I've been doing pretty well too - Lauren let me take a nice long nap yesterday while she took care of the crabbiest baby in the universe.   It was so nice.   I seem to just move a little slower and go to bed a little (or a lot) earlier for a few days after chemo.  On the plus side, my blood counts were still good so I did not need the neulasta shot again.  That's really good news since that shot is apparently pretty toxic to your lungs, so the less you need it the better.   I also have another PET scan scheduled for after my next treatment.   We are 7 down, 5 to go at this point.  I remember when even this felt so far off, so we are glad things are moving along and we are over halfway done. 

7 comments:

  1. Rach...I so admire your attitude. You are my hero and example of how to go thru cancer without whining. We in Missouri love you guys so much! And grandma goote sure picked a cute outfit for an adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little girl is very "pretty in pink!" And just so you know, we think about you all the time. So glad you're this far through the treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope Elise starts feeling better soon, that sweet girl just isn't herself! Love you sissy, and sweet, crabby, clingy Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Lauren is there to help you! Poor little Elise. I hate when they are sick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH.MYGOSH. THAT.RUFFLE.BUTT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a CUTE outfit!!! Looks so soft and comfy too, that is the best!!!
    So glad you are getting close to the end Rach!!! You are a rockstar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fam is right - the wig looks totally natural. If I bumped into you and didn't know the background, I would think you had gotten a cool new haircut. Color is perfect too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...