Thursday, February 3, 2011

Naps According to Elise


Elise has always been quite the stinker with naps.
Here's a few fun facts about naps around here:
  • Elise will take a morning nap exactly two hours after she wakes up. If you try to put her down too early, to avoid the 20 minutes of extreme crabbyness, forget it. She'll cry for an hour and refuse to sleep.
  • She will sleep for exactly 30 minutes. I have mastered the art of getting completely ready in this amount of time.
  • She will sometimes sleep longer than 30 minutes, but usually no more than 45. Any longer I consider "bonus time" and I hardly know what to do with myself.
  • About once a week she will nap for an hour or longer in the afternoon. This is my favorite day - but I never know when or why this happens.
  • If I happen to be driving home from somewhere and she falls asleep, I will sometimes take a loop around Grand Rapids because she will sleep for longer than a half hour if we are on the freeway.
  • Yes, I know gas is expensive right now. It's worth it.
  • She will often refuse to nap in the afternoons only to fall asleep in the Baby Bjorn (my last resort) at like 4:30. If I can successfully transfer her to her bed this is usually her longest nap, and sometimes I worry that she'll just sleep until bedtime. She never does.
  • When she does nap longer than an hour she wakes up kind of mad. Like she's totally mad at herself sleeping that long. It takes her a few minutes to wind back down.
Even though the sweet girl is not a great napper - I can't really complain. She goes down for the night between 6:30 and 7 and usually sleeps for 8 hours straight, only to need a little bottle and then she's down again until 7am. Not bad. And who really cares about naps when this sweet girl is around anyways?

6 comments:

  1. And she looks SO cute when she is asleep! Look at her sitting up in her room with her name centered behind her! A picture suitable for framing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pics! Love the new one at the top too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you got her nap routine figured out. it takes some strategy, it seems, but at least you know what you're getting into! she is just so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...