Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chemo #8. 4 more to go.

Quick update.  Because I am so tired I'm typing this from my bed at 8pm and plan on cashing out for at least 12 hours as soon as I'm done.

Chemo #8 went pretty well.  All the usual stuff.  I forgot to put the numbing cream on my port beforehand (too busy watching Elmo) so that wasn't too fun.  I hate when they access my port.  Aubrey came with me, my dad brought us lunch, and my friend Juli stopped by.  Thanks for keeping me company guys.   And thanks to my mom for spending the day with Elise.  She loves you (and so do I).  Bonus from chemo:  Somebody donated a coffee cart to the lobby that day.  Free lattes and smoothies!  Score.

My blood work wasn't great.  My white blood cell count was really low so I had to go back this afternoon for another Neulasta shot.  The high school string quartet in the lobby was attempting to bring tidings of great joy to the cancer patients but they were not doing that great of a job.  I sorta felt bad for the receptionists.   It's weird when all the receptionists and phlebotomists at the cancer office know your name.  A little depressing.  I think it's because people like saying Goote.  It's like booty.  But with a G.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas.  That came fast.  Christmas with cancer.  Never saw that coming 6 months ago.  Won't it be nice next year when we can say "Remember last Christmas when I had cancer?  Remember how we kicked it in the booty and it's gone forever and ever?"  Yeah, that will be nice.   I'm sure next Christmas Elise will be saying more words than "uh-oh", "hi", "dada", and "na-na" (na-night).  No more cancer.  I'm sure I'll have more hair than I have now.  Hopefully I'll be thinner.  Ha.  A lot to look forward to.  

But, we have a lot to be thankful for this year too.  A beautiful brand new house I can't believe I get to live in.  The sweetest girl in the whole world.  Amazing family and friends to help us whenever we need it.   Really good doctors that are helping us get rid of cancer forever.   Aaaand now I'm tearing up.  Time for bed. 

So excited though - my cousin-who's-like-a-sister Emily is in town for a few days.  All the way from Budapest.  She brought Elise the cutest little toy and me a new hat.  Love her.

No pictures today - mostly because I'm too exhausted to go downstairs and get my camera so I can upload them.  Tomorrow's another day. 

9 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, Rachel. Hang in there. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas...I always enjoy reading your blog. It's great to see your continual joy even though you are dealing with some tough circumstances. We are keeping you in our prayers.
    Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you still, my friend. Thank you for keeping us updated so well -- I wish I lived closer so I could give you the biggest hug ever! Thank you for being so real and vulnerable with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh rach I wish I could come see you so bad. You are almost done and it will all be over. Christmas with cancer is never anyone's wish.... It sucks. We need to meet up for a celebration weekend once this stupid thing is all over!!! You are the best!

    Love you much

    ReplyDelete
  5. My niece-who's-like-a-daughter is very sick of this whole thing and I don't blame her. Hope Christmas finds you feeling a little better. Love you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the positive attitude Rachel! You are an inspiration to many people! Merry Christmas Elise! PS We are finally able to comment again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll say it again...I am SO proud of you. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was SO great to see you, Rach. Elise is just a darling little girl. Wish you felt 100%. I'm so glad the end is in sight. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...