Wednesday, November 30, 2011

a check-up & a check-in

Elise had her 15 month check-up today.  Technically she's 16 months but I had to reschedule because I had chemo.  And they had to reschedule me a month later - even when I told them I had chemo.  Cancer card failed.  

Not surprisingly - Elise is doing super!  She's in perfect health.   Poor thing had to have four shots today though.  She was a trooper - she took a long nap and was back to her sweet self by the afternoon.  She's doing lots of fun things these days - she can point to her tummy, toes, ears, eyes, nose, hair...and we're working on the rest.  She is twirling, jumping (sort of), and lots and lots of running.  She says dada...and that's about it.  She yells a lot but doesn't make out too many words.  She says "hi" but will only whisper it.  She waves back to the people in crowd when we watch the Today show in the morning, and will randomly come up and hug your leg and go back to playing.  She is the sweetest girl ever.  

Her stats: 
Weight:  21.5 lbs (19%)
Height:  30.5 inches  (40%)


Here's Elise doing a few of her new tricks:


This is as naughty as she gets.   Normally I would stop her but it was too funny...

I'm doing really well too.  I can tell it takes a little longer to feel "normal" after treatment, the more treatments I have.  I felt pretty good over Thanksgiving and was able to enjoy the delicious turkey Lauren made!  The biggest thing is that I get so tired.  I need naps and I go to bed early.   I still have some hair, and lots of cute hats.  

And - we are offically moved in to our new house!  We will move the crib this weekend and be there for good.  We.can't.wait. 

6 comments:

  1. If that is as naughty as she gets... you are a lucky mom and dad! She does the same thing to the cat's dish at our house!! She is SO cute! So sorry about the shots Elise :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a very naughty look on her face, but you are a fun mommy! Where did you get that darling top?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute. I love her.

    Congrats on your new house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha thanks! Her top is from Gap. I got it online on clearance a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh the twirling is too much! i've gotta teach G that :) uber cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i've watched those videos 14 times. LOVE that girl! even more when she's naughty :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...