Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thank you Grandma!

And...it's been another week since my last update.  Sorry folks... nothing really interesting happening around here.  

This morning I had my MOPS group at church which I love, and happens to fall on the opposite Tuesdays as chemo.   So happy for that.   Last year my mom volunteered in the nursery, but since we don't want Elise to get all germy in there these days she just stays home with her so I can go.   So nice of her.  Today she took her to Bed Bath & Beyond, and came home with this:
The tunnel only fits small children.  Grandma checked.  

My mom said it was because she is so good and it was only $20.  Pretty good deal if you ask me. 

"Oh hi!"

She is of course sporting her Calvin College sweatshirt that is so cozy for nap time.  We had the tent all set up when she woke up.  I love this kid.   Her hair has been doing this awesome top curl thing lately too.   Cracks me up.

She also loves to push her shopping cart around these days.  She thinks she is very fancy. 

I probably should give a little cancer update, but there isn't much to say.  My last chemo treatment has been extremely kind to me.  I had almost zero side effects and have been feeling great.  It's really strange when you feel totally normal and yet it's...not quite normal being that you have cancer and stuff...ha.   Hopefully all my treatments are this good, but they say it gets worse as you go because you get more and more of the chemotherapy in your body.  Who knows.  We'll deal with it as it comes I guess.  My hair is super thin but there's still some there!  I can pull off a hat pretty well, but we did get a really cute wig (yes cute) that we have just in case we need it. 

I promise to take more pictures and update more (Lauren).  :-)

7 comments:

  1. I love the tent/tunnel. I've had one here for about a year (from BB&B) and had it out just last weekend for Lily and Jack. Fun. Glad you're doing well, Rachel. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a rock star, Rach. I'm so inspired by your positive attitude! Still praying like crazy for you to get through these treatments quickly and be 100% healthy again. Love u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, that girl is adorable, and i LOVE that her hair is looking so curly and cute :) And I do check the blog probably 5 times daily when i'm not living there, and would be perfectly happy with twice daily pictures. but that's just my opinion! so glad you're feeling good, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, e's hair is the BEST!!!! she just keeps getting cuter and cuter every day! i'm so glad you're doing so well! you're a true rock star! we're thinking about you in oklahoma and sending lots of love and sweet thoughts your way!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like they had to peel the tunnel off Grandma! Pictures are great, but it was the BEST to see you in person last weekend! Love you and your sweet little family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel: Glad to hear you are feeling so well. Hope it continues. Grandpa and Grandma Alligator

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the one of Terri stuck in the tunnel!! I'm still laughing :) Love you, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...