Tuesday, October 25, 2011

4 down, 8 to go.

Today was my fourth chemo treatment.  My mom went with me.  My sweet mother-in-law took the day off so she could take Elise.   They were very excited to spend the day together.   They got donuts, went to the school where she teaches to play (and show off a little...ha), went to Great Grandma's for dinner...I'm pretty sure Elise had the best day ever.  Thanks so much Gootes!

Chemo was pretty routine.  Blood work, meet with the doctor, and treatment.  My blood work wasn't looking too good so I have to go back tomorrow at 3 for a shot that will boost my white blood cell count.  There's a type of white blood cell called a lymphocyte which basically makes antibodies that kill bad things in your body.  A normal healthy person's would probably read around 1.5, mine is currently .44, and likely to drop even more around day 5 after chemo, which puts me in the "high risk" category for infection.  So - the shot it is.  I've heard it's not too bad, but I've also heard it's really bad.  I seem to tolerate chemo pretty well so far (knock on wood) so hopefully it's not a huge deal.  My next PET scan is scheduled for next Tuesday.   Is it sad to say I'm really excited for this?  I can't wait to see the progress.   I know the tumor has gone down just by feel, but it will be really cool to see exactly how much.

In other news...we bought a house!!!  It's in Hudsonville and we love it.  The final accepted offer is in their hands and under contract.  We probably won't actually get possession of it until early December, but it is SO exciting.  And oh.so.cute. And will get cuter after I do some very PINteresting things to it.  Yeah I'm addicted.

We had some beautiful weather again yesterday and took full advantage of it.  Elise LOVES to do her ball popper on the driveway.   And chase Pacey around a little.  And just run really fast.



6 comments:

  1. YAY on the house!!! How exciting!!! And a big YAY for being 1/3 of the way through chemo! Interesting about that shot, hope it is not too bad.

    Elise is just so cute as always! The driveway is the perfect place for that ball popper... I remember it always seemed like Maddie would ONLY use that stupid thing when I was on the phone. So I would outrun her all over the house so that I could hear... fun times. Elle and Lola have never played with one, they are deprived :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes they are deprived children. Those things are only like 10 bucks, maybe they would like one for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new house! I'm so happy for you. And am so glad you have 4 chemos done already.

    Heheh, about the ball popper and Stacy's comments. Our ball popper is currently in our basement storage room and they can only do it when I'm down there to get stuff from the extra freezer. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel! Hello! I just saw your blog for the first time this morning, and I had no idea that you were undergoing treatment for HL! I'm sorry I didn't know that sooner. Wow, you sure sound upbeat...I'm sure there are days, but wow, what an incredible example you are! I will be following your journey, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we sorta knew that shot was coming, but hopefullly it will keep you from getting sick. soo ecited that youre still feeling well! cant wait to see your new house and hep with pinterest stuff, itll be so fun! i miss sweet elise and will see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new house! I'm sure you'll be posting some pics pretty soon. So glad another chemo treatment is overwith. And I think Jack needs a ballpopper--you think?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...