Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday

A little update :  The egg retrieval scheduled for today was moved to tomorrow.  Apparently my eggs looked ripe for the harvest on Monday instead of Sunday.  It's okay,  I'm just super uncomfortable at this point.  I look and feel 5 months pregnant, but I guess that should be expected when your ovaries are the size of baseballs.   I could barely buckle my sandals today.   My wonderful sister-in-law Sarah the RN came over last night to administer the last shot I needed:  a really fun one right in the booty.   Definitely wanted someone else to do that one.   Luckily I was prescribed a Valium to take tonight, as well as one tomorrow morning.  I guess they want me pretty relaxed.  Wondering if I should set aside the Vicodin & Ambien tonight?   Haha, kidding, kidding.  I sound like quite the druggie lately.  Chemo is still scheduled to start on Tuesday.

Elise had fun at Great Grandma's for lunch today.  We had the best beef roast, mashed potatoes, and green beans for lunch.  With ice cream and hot fudge for dessert, of course.  We have had the same meal there every Sunday since forever, and it's always so so good. 


Elise waving at Grandpa...

This is Elise's kissing face.

Also - we were watching some coverage on the anniversary of 9/11 this morning.  Unbelievable.  I can still remember sitting in 2nd hour study hall at CCHS and watching news coverage the rest of the day.  I feel like it's just as shocking at 26 than it was at 16.  Where were you?

5 comments:

  1. Rachel and Nick-
    I just love your Grandma! Does she make the hot fudge like my Grandma? YUM!

    Anyway, wanted to wish you the best during your week of firsts. I'll be praying each day.

    I can remember 9/11/01 like yesterday too. I was student teaching and our little trouble-maker ran into the room telling us an airplane just crashed into a skyscraper in NY. We were amazed at his imagination! :)

    May God grant you his peace this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Elise's kissing face!

    9/11: I was in Zoology class in high school...will never forget watching it all unfold on the TV. That night I had some sort of practice and as I was driving home, there was the most amazing sunset.

    Love you and thinking of you tons this week (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some of my favorite pics of Elise ever.

    I CAN'T believe they have to make your ovaries so gigantic for egg retrieval. Holy moly.

    Thinking of you this week... as always. Lots of love.

    Oh, I was getting out of a class when I heard about the planes. I was worried about Joe who worked at the Capitol, b/c a plane was still in the air and they thought it was headed that way (the one that crashed in Pennsylvania).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading the newspaper, drinking my morning coffee, with the tv on, when I heard about the first plane hitting the twin towers. I could NOT believe it when a second plane crashed into the tower live on tv. At that point they pretty much knew it wasn't an accident.

    Hope tomorrow goes ok! Thinking of you as always.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...