Friday, September 2, 2011

The Farmer's Market

We had our follow-up appointment with my oncologist today.  He went over all the results from all the tests we had last week.  Heart and lung tests were good, and he showed us the results of the PET/CT scan.  The scans look scary.  You can see big spots on my chest and neck.  He also said that since I am young and "healthy" that we will be as aggressive as we possibly can with the chemotherapy.  12 treatments, every two weeks.  And possibly radiation - depending on the results of the new scans after the chemo.   I'm feeling pretty good.  The port feels weird and my left side hurts (nothing new) except I can only take Tylenol right now because of the fertility treatments, so it pretty much hurts all the time.  And I am TIRED.  Although I'm not sure if I can blame that on the cancer or that I stay up too late (is 10pm late?)  I've been trying to nap with Elise in the afternoons and my wonderful doctor gave me some Ambien.  I'm about to pop one of those and be out for the night. 

While we were at the appointment Grandpa & Grandma Goote picked Elise up and took her to the Farmers Market.  She had so much fun - there was so much to look at! 

Elise got her very own little pumpkin!


Elise LOVES apples.  When you have one she runs at you with her mouth wide open so she can take some bites.  After the appointment we met Jim & Judy at the market.  You can kind of see my port in this picture - at least the bandages over it. 

After Elise slept the whole way home - we played outside for a little while.  It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. love that baby girl!! she's the CUTEST when she eats those apples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pictures! Elise is a lucky girl to get to do so many fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Elise you are so cute. I love your little lips.

    Thanks for the updates, Rach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pictures - I just love the pumpkin one!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...