Saturday, March 3, 2012

a megapost.

Warning:  Lots of random and maybe not so interesting information coming your way.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  


Friday we met with the radiation oncologist.  Nick was still in England so my dad went with me.  Long story short - I will be getting radiation.  Starting after our vacation around the end of March.  Hey -- at least I get to have a few at a bar on a beach before they start shooting me with death rays.  Kidding...sort of.   


Because my tumor was so "bulky", as they like to call it, they are recommending three and a half weeks of low dose radiation, targeted at my chest and neck -  basically everywhere there was cancer before.  I hate the word 'bulky'.  SO not flattering.   No girl likes to be called bulky. 


But the good news was that we saw my last PET scan from Tuesday,  and it looks really good.  There is no visible cancer.  We'll get the official results from my doctor next week.  They are doing radiation just to be sure we get anything microscopic and because it decreases the odds of it coming back.   I never want to see this stuff again.  It sucks.  And it totally messes up my plans.       

That morning I met my mom at PetSmart.  Basically so Elise could practice all her animal sounds and have tons of fun.  When I came home she knew how to do this:

Thanks Mom.  I really don't know what I'd do without you.  

Lauren and Carl came to town this weekend.   After Elise and I picked up Nick from the airport I went out since Nick wanted to go to bed.  It turns out my Auntie Winnie was performing at Mojo's (a local piano bar) Saturday night.   Here's a picture of Elise and Auntie Winnie at her birthday last July:

And here she is singing "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga:

Kidding.  That isn't really her.  But the whole night we pretended it was.  Love you and miss you Auntie Winnie!  

So that's it for now.  I have some really cute pictures from a playdate we had earlier this week but those will have to wait for another day.  Momma needs to go to bed.  

4 comments:

  1. Rach, I wish you were all done with everything. Can't wait til 4 1/2 more weeks or so. XOXOXOX.

    PS. Elise is so cute. So is AW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech on radiation. But AW and Elise sure are cute. Did she sound like AW too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say...I DO get around! Such a cute video of Elise doing the "fish" sound. She has the cutest dimple! (And sorry about the radiation...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing so hard about the Auntie Winnie parts! You are hilarious! Elise is adorable and looks SO proud of herself!!! And I agree with AW, that dimple on her is ADORABLE!!!

    The radiation news stinks.. I hope you really enjoy your vacation before that starts! Hopefully those three and a half weeks will fly by compared to how long you had to do chemo...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...