Wednesday, March 28, 2012

6 weeks post-chemo {an update}

It's been six weeks since my last chemo.  And it feels so good.  A few things:

My hair is growing back.  It's still super short but I haven't worn my wig in weeks. 

My eyebrows are growing back too!  They looks really weird right now though - like I accidentally shaved them off and now there's stubble.  Eyebrow stubble. 

I have to shave my legs now.  I was kind of enjoying that perk from chemo.  

I almost never think about cancer.  It seems so weird that it even happened to me.   I'm currently more worried about the dandelion epidemic taking over my backyard. 

I start radiation tomorrow.   I'm getting a super low dose for a short amount of time - so hopefully it won't affect me at all.  I'm expecting to be a little more tired and some skin irritation but that should be the extent of it.  It's annoying because it's every afternoon (Monday - Friday) for almost 4 weeks.  Looks like Lemmen-Holten and I will be getting friendly for awhile.  At least they make good lattes.  

My mom got all of us one of these necklaces from Lil Blue Boo.  She even got one for Elise when she gets older.  I love it.  Thanks Mom. 


And to wrap up our vacation posts, here's a picture of Nick and the fish he caught and ate for dinner and a sweet video of Elise on the beach. 


3 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you during this next stage of treatment. I love that necklace! I may need to get one myself. I can tell from the video that Elise is not too fond of sand and getting dirty--such a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW said exactly what I was gonna say. She does not seem to like dirty fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your necklace. So sweet. Can't wait until radiation is done. You are getting close to the end of all of this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...