Thursday, March 8, 2012

playdates, projects, and pure sweetness

Last week Elise had her friends Nicolynn and Stella (and their moms!) over to play.  Stella is still a little too small to play, but Nicolynn and Elise had a great time.  They did a superb job of trashing the playroom.  :-)

I went to town on a project I've been wanting to do since we moved in.  We have this giant empty wall by the stairs.  A few weeks ago I bought a bunch of frames at Ikea and used a tip from Pinterest to hang them.  I just used some old Christmas wrapping paper and cut them to the sizes of the frames.  Then I could move them around until I had the right positions.  I marked the spots where the nails would go so I had minimal holes to fix.  
 I think it turned out pretty cute! 
 
Elise after her nap today.  The pigtails kill me.

Every night before we eat dinner we say a little prayer.  Elise knows and folds her hands.  
It's so stinking cute.   

"Smile big!"

A little cancer update: Last Tuesday we met with my oncologist.  He went over my scans - and I am officially cancer free!  No cancer detected on any scans.  The radiation is mostly a precaution to help lower the odds of anything coming back.  I scheduled to get my port removed near the end of April.  For the next year, I will get a scan every 4 months - just to watch and make sure nothing comes back. 

I got a mold made for radiation to make sure I am in the correct position every time.  I also have tiny little tattoo marks on my chest.  They just blend in with all the other freckles.  This week I went to the mall without my wig.  I wore a headband and big earrings so people would still know I'm a girl.  I look like GI Jane.  Or at least I would if I lost 50 pounds and could do a push-up. 

There's an update for you.  I've started packing for our trip to Florida next week and we are so excited.  We need a vacation like none other. 

4 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing how much damage a couple of 1.5 year olds can do to your house? haha

    the gallery wall looks AWESOME! :)

    yay for cancer free!! you rock those headbands and earrings, girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures look great!! I have used that method too, works so well!

    Yay for being cancer FREE! BOO for radiation. Ugh, I just want this to be over for you so bad!!

    SO glad you are getting a nice vacation right now, you deserve it more than anyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you so funny that my emotions go everywhere when reading your posts? First, I'm happy about your cute house and Elise's friends, then I'm happy about no cancer, then sad about radiation, and finally LOL'ing about your GI Jane minus the pushup comment?!? I love you, Rach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooooo!!! You are cancer free!!!!!!!! Yay!!! That is going to be the best vacation...you definitely deserve it. I think that pigtail pic of elise is one of my favorites. Sooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...