Wednesday, February 15, 2012

last one. {chemo #12}

My last chemo.  Back in August I thought this day would never come.  And now it has and I get teary eyed when I think about it.  It's just such a sense of relief.  All done.  The next few weeks will be full of tests.  An echo-cardiogram, a pulmonary function test, a PET scan, and a CT scan.  And a trip to the dentist is in order since it's off limits during chemo and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have some issues.  

Chemo was pretty normal.  Blood counts were good.  We met with doctor and asked a lot of "what now?" questions.  More will be decided after all the tests, like if I will need radiation or not.  My doctor is thinking probably not, but we'll have to check with the radiation oncologist to be sure.   We have to wait one year at a minimum before even thinking about more kids.  That's okay.  Kind of makes me glad we get more time with just us and our sweet Elise.   Nick came with me to chemo, since it was Valentine's Day and all.  Hot date for us!  He did bring me Smashburger for lunch.  My mom and Lauren brought Elise for a few minutes to meet the nurses and wave to everyone there.  We got her a little balloon dog from the Children's Hospital gift shop across the street.  She loves it. We took a little video.  I should note that Elise waves "byebye" to every trash can see sees.  I think it started when I said "byebye" to dirty diapers going in the trash. 



I thought I should dress up for my last chemo.  I wore my wig and my nice jeans.  Ha.




And a big thank you to Mrs. Goote's kindergarten class for the sweet valentines.  So cute!

6 comments:

  1. What cute pictures of Elise at the hospital. I'll bet every one was cheered up by that cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. we need that balloon. G would go nuts!

    and YAYAYAY!! for finishing chemo! you are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Elise and that hilarious dog made everyone smile around there! This post made me cry in such a happy way... SO thankful you are DONE with chemo and this is almost completely behind you! You are beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Time to celebrate!!! You did it rachel...we are all so incredibly proud of you, and happy you are DONE. One thing is for sure, you never had to go through ANY of this alone. You have such an amazing family - I can only imagine how much they were there for you every step of the way! Love all these pics - you look beautiful and Elise is unbelievably cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY Rachel! So glad you are done with the chemo! You did amazing, and it is great to see how much support you have.

    The video of Elise and that awesome puppy balloon was so cute! I liked when Elise attacked the bag of jelly beans as soon as she saw them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing accomplishment, Rachel. Can't wait to see what your test results are. I'm sure they'll be good. Love all the pics and the video. I'll have to check local giftshops for a balloon dog like that. And I LOVE your attitude--and you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...