Tuesday, November 22, 2011

half.way.done. {chemo #6}

Chemo #6 was pretty uneventful.  Nick went with me today.  A little date to chemo.  He even bought me lunch and a latte.  What a nice guy.   :-)

My bloodcounts were good,  white blood count was a little on the low side, but not enough to warrant the Neulasta shot I needed two treatments ago.  My nice doctor just told me to watch my temp and not to kiss anyone strange.  I promised Nick I wouldn't.   We asked him about the steroids they are having me take for three days after chemo.  I think they make me feel worse (they are supposed to "reduce nausea") so he said to cut back to half a dose on those.   We also asked him about radiation, since the last PET scan looked so good.   He said that we will look after the next scan, but he will probably go for it because it will kill anything we may not see on the scan and just to make sure we got everything.  We don't want to deal with this again. 

Tomorrow we are leaving around nap time to drive to Lauren's for Thanksgiving.  We have lots to be thankful for this year.   I have no pictures for this post - we have been busy!  So sorry.  There will definitely be tons of Thanksgiving pictures to come!  And thanks to everyone that has sent cards, messages, and prayers.  We really appreciate everything so much.  We have such great friends and family.

3 comments:

  1. You ARE so good at chemo, Rachel. So proud of you. Have a great time at Lauren's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY THAT YOU'RE HALF DONE! AND, YES, I'M SHOUTING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...