Saturday, November 19, 2011

triple date

This weekend we headed over to our friend's house to celebrate Jacob's 2nd birthday.   Dinner is a lot different these days when there are three kids 2 and under at the table.   Conversation revolves around how long they had bottles at bedtime and what we can get them to eat.  And it pretty much lasts as long as our kids will sit in their chair.   Which is not long.  Next time I suggested  babysitters and a bar.  Kidding.  Sort of.  Not really.  We still had a great time and it's always good getting together with friends.

  Our first attempt at a picture was a complete fail. 

Second attempt was much more successful.  Here's Elise and her boyfriends Jude and Jacob.  Aren't they cute??

I've been feeling so good lately it we pretty much forget I need to go in on Tuesday for chemo.  That's why I never put anything on the blog about it.   It's a weird feeling because I feel SO normal, and then I get the reminder call for my appointment and it kind of brings you back to reality that you have cancer and need to get pumped full of poison every other week.  BUT, after this treatment we will be halfway done.  And it's working.  We're halfway to normal, halfway to healthy.  Besides the fact that my scalp reflects light these days, the cancer thing is a non-issue.  Good thing Nick likes bald ladies.   Okay I'm not totally bald...but it's real thin.  I can still get away with just a hat, but I don't know for how much longer.  My hair is falling out at a normal rate, but there's none to grow in it's place, it just doesn't grow!  I guess an upside of chemo is that you never have to shave your armpits.  Win?

In other news, we close on our new house on Monday!  We are so so so excited to have those keys in our hand.  We can't wait. 

4 comments:

  1. So exciting about your house...and SOOOOO glad you are feeling so good!!!! YAY!! And Elise is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about your house, and more than so happy that you feel pretty good! We are having fun here by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I'm glad you're feeling good! I can't get enough pictures of Elise, she is precious.

    Congratulations on the new home- I cannot wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel (and Nick),

    I just started following you a while ago. I didn't realize you had cancer. Dang. I'm glad to hear things are going well. As good as they can be I guess. I can't believe it's been 10 years already. I hope you two (three) are doing great. Elise looks exactly like you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...