Thursday, February 10, 2011

I've been waiting my whole life for this...

A one-piece bathing suit. I am not kidding.

The last time I wore a bikini I think I was 7. Since then I've been a tankini kinda girl. Not really by choice - I mean when you're 16 a bikini is the cool thing, but I never could pull one off. And a one-piece on a highschooler is just sad. But now, I have crossed over. I have crossed over to the acceptable life stage for a one-piece, and I am the proud owner of this cute little polka dot number. Thanks to my favorite little girl, the tiny sliver of tummy that showed on my aforementioned tankinis is now not allowed to see the light of day. I can fully embrace the spanx-like one-piece with ruching and a little skirt. Praise the Lord. Now all I need is a tan.

Mom's little love bird says hello!

The child will still not nap. She took a 20 minute morning nap from 10:10 - 10:30, then slept for 20 minutes on the way home from the mall from 1:40 -2. Then she cried for 25 minutes in her bed in the afternoon when I laid her down after her bottle at 3:30. And this is her at 5:15. Help!

9 comments:

  1. That girl is so darn cute and I am kinda jealous of your spanx-like swimsuit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that girl! Love that shirt on her too!

    You got me on the nap thing. It's so different for every kid.

    You will look so cute in that suit!!! It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new swim suit! And I'm totally with you on the one piece bathing suit. I'm sure you look great!

    I'm so sorry that Elise will not nap!! Have you tried any white noise machines? We have this crib toy http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033TE09M?ie=UTF8&tag=hoatnati-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0033TE09M that we keep on the other side of Mia's room. When you turn off the lights and music function it makes this soothing crickets sound for 18 minutes. Whenever Mia wakes up new early from a nap we play the crickets and it seems to lull her back to sleep right away. Like your friend Emily said though... every child is different. :( Thank goodness she sleeps for you at night!

    I also highly recommend the book: Bedtiming: Getting Your Child to Sleep at Just the Right Age. http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=hoatnati-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&asins=1615190155 It worked wonders for me to get Mia on a 2-a-day nap schedule instead of just catnapping.

    Good luck!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet sweet girl! at least she goes to bed early :)

    --from auntie lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm kay, so where did you get that bathing suit? I need it!! Oh and Elise's little shirt is so adorable, too!

    I'm not really any help on the sleep front. G was a terrible sleeper, too and then all of a sudden decided she'd take long naps in her crib. I hope naptime settles down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, need to know about the bathing suit!! And Elise's shirt!! Love it!

    My Lily is the same age as Elise (her bday 7.24)...the white noise (ocean sounds) works for us too. If you want to talk schedule and what's worked for us, please feel free to email me!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bathing suit is Tommy Hilfiger from Macy's. I spent entirely too much on it.

    We have the sound machine (white noise), and I have the lights/music/crickets mobile. Haven't tried the crickets setting though. I've never been much of a nature girl so I have avoided the nature setting, haha. Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man... that made me laugh REALLY hard! Elise is so cute and so is your new swim suit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...