Monday, October 7, 2013

the gootes go to mexico

Nick and I spent the last week in beautiful Tulum, Mexico. 
This was our view everyday.


I only have like three pictures of us the whole week. One because I was mostly in my bathing suit and I don't enjoy those types of pictures.  And two because I know we're not that interesting.  Elise is way cuter in pictures than we are. 

These guys were everywhere.  This one was pretty huge.

We took a one day excursion to the Tulum ruins - only about a 20 minute bus ride from our resort. It was VERY cool to see, but it was literally 100 degrees and we were sweating though our clothes.  We were glad the ruins part of the day was only about two hours. 

It was SO beautiful.

Nick was so hot he actually jumped in the ocean. 
We were all in our bathing suits anyways for the next part of the day...



These are all pictures I pulled off the internet - but this is Xel-Ha, where we spent the rest of the day.  It was all inclusive just like our resort.  Food, drinks, whatever you want.   We tubed down this river into the beautiful lagoon, where we ditched our tubes for jumping off cliffs, zip-lining, and snorkeling.   It was SO fun. 

We jumped off this cliff!  It's really high, like 30 feet.  I did a weird scream. 

 One more picture from dinner.  This is a picture from the first night we were there (I think) where we got pulled (literally) out of the audience to participate in the "Perfect Couple" show.  It involved dancing (we failed miserably), push-ups (Nick dominated), identifying belly buttons blind-folded (super gross and I was too freaked out to pick right), and a balloon popping relay race which for double the points make us WIN the whole thing.  Embarrassing and totally awesome at the same time.  The whole week the staff referred to us as the perfect couple.  So funny.

We are SO happy to be home and to see Sweet Elise again. 
A HUGE thank you to our parents who took such good care of her while we were gone.  It's probably weird for her to hear the word "no" again. 

Elise was very busy while we were gone too. 
Maybe I'll get to those pictures tomorrow.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. it sure looks like a beautiful and fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cousin! I want to go there. SO pretty and fun! You guys are so funny about your "Perfect Couple" contest. I'd have loved to watch the bellybutton and balloon portions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...