Friday, November 23, 2012

thankful.

We're so thankful.  Thankful for health.  A happy home.  Sweet families.  
We've had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

  I successfully cooked my first turkey.  The prep work was quite hilarious as I was liberally applying herbed butter between the turkey skin and meat and Nick was playing the turkey sound on Elise's See & Say around the corner while Aubrey held the turkey bag open with her one working arm.   That poor turkey.  I completely violated it - although totally in the spirit of thanksgiving.  

Also - Elise can say "turkey", "gobble gobble" and "happy tanks-gunnah". 

But the saddest part is that I have almost no pictures to prove it.  I was a little busy - ya know with Thanksgiving at our house and everything.  We had Nick's family over- it went great.   We were all stuffed beyond belief. 

Here are a few (terrible) pictures we took this weekend.

Auntie Gracie is here!  Elise was loving all the fun things on her phone.    In this picture Auntie Gracie looks so cute and Elise looks not impressed.  She actually is super impressed with the Baby Ariel dolly that AG brought her.  Thank you so much!

We went to cut a Christmas tree today.  It.was.freezing.  This was the only non-blurry picture we got of our family the entire time.  

We drove down down a dirt road for this tree.  Elise liked to help me put up the lights.

I promise I didn't know my windows were this dirty until I used flash photography.  Oopsies.  And she was wearing matching pants at one point of the day - but I put on soft pants so I thought she needed some too. 


Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking a pic where I don't look like a complete doofus! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turkey comment was hilarious ! Sounds like you guys had so much fun. Love you guys!! And AG looks really good in that pic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...