Tuesday, November 6, 2012

happy november

It's been awhile.  We were hit with quite the stomach bug here at the Goote house - poor Elise woke up in the middle of the night throwing up.   This was a first for us - she was so sad.  After she got it - I got it - then Nick got it.  We were quite the sad bunch this weekend.  

Now that we're all recovered - here's another little project I've done. 
I had this vase sitting in the basement - it didn't really go anywhere upstairs.  
I sprayed it with Krylon's Looking Glass spraypaint - my new favorite thing.   I couldn't find it at Home Depot - I ended up finding it at Hobby Lobby and used a 40% off coupon.  It looks just like all that mercury glass stuff that's out for Christmas right now - I have plans to do a lamp for my living room too.  Love.

And for the Elise fans out there:  

This is after her nap today.  I finished this hat while she was sleeping - and it's too small.  We gave it to the cute baby down the street.   She has to take every single thing out of her bed after her nap - and she is very specific about what she sleeps with.  There's Lamby, Daisy, Buddy the Elf, and four blankets.  When she goes down for her nap or at night everyone has to be in their place.  

It goes something like this:  
"Yammy in.  Daisy's toes in, Buddy's arms in, on tummy"
"two bankies, yammy bankie, belle bankie"
"nuh-night buddy, nuh-night, daisy, nuh-night 'Ise..."

(she calls herself 'Ise - sounds like 'Ice')

It's quite an elaborate experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww... Sweet girl. She sure has a complicated night time routine! Even wohwoh gets it wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...