Wednesday, November 28, 2012

potty training

This week I bit the bullet and decided to potty train.  She's ready.  I've just been avoiding a week where I can't go anywhere.  It's been surprisingly productive - I'm stenciling my bathroom, crocheting a hat, and my house is remaining surprisingly clean.  Yippee.

Monday we had 4 little accidents (all #1 - #2 has been going surprisingly well).  Tuesday we had two - she would go a little, then do the rest of the potty.
Today - no accidents so far!  She's napping now - and she really didn't want to wear her pull-ups for nap time.  I had to bribe her. 

Speaking of bribery - it is the only way this would ever work.  We start out with M&Ms - which work for a while.  She likes to pick which colors she gets.  She gets two every time she goes potty.  After the novelty of the M&Ms wear out we start with the suckers, tiny candy canes, or -- wait for it -- Readi-Whip.  I had some left from thanksgiving - she thinks it's awesome and calls it 'ice cream'.  The thought of one little squirt of that in her mouth makes her have to go potty really bad.   It's great.   And watercolor paint.  She LOVES it and asks to do it as soon as she wakes up.   Sometimes Mommy's not ready for that until I've had some coffee...

We started out on Monday going every 15 minutes - when the timer would ding we would say "potty time!" and run to to the potty.  Today she's been going 30 minutes to an hour - so good!  I think she'll have it by the end of the week.  Praise the Lord. 

Elise has her very own little Christmas tree.  She likes to take it down from her room everyday to her "little table".
 
And a video of my little genius (haha) painting, counting, and keeping her panties dry all at the same time.   Whoa.

7 comments:

  1. i could just feel that you had a new post up! she's getting so big!! I can't believe she's counting to 20, auntie Lauren is impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to comment for forever! Back to your comment about Lauren's hair looking like a model...totally agree...and I'll just add that your whole family looks like models. I loved that pic of AG and Elise. So cute and sweet. Sounds like such a fun time together...and what a fun Thanksgiving! And most of all we are SO THANKFUL for your good check ups and everything. Lots to be thankful for this year. Love you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good job, Elise! And now YOU, Rachel, will have to know where every potty is in every store you go to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Once C peed while standing in a shopping cart, she was wearing a skirt and standing up, so I only had to change her undies. I couldn't figure out how to tell the workers what the puddle on the floor was in Hungarian.

      Delete
  4. Rach, she was an easy one! That's a really good success story. My tip, especially for long car rides-- keep a tiny potty chair in your car (the little ikea one is perfect) and line her carseat with a waterproof lap pad for a few months. Yay, Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word she is adorable! Glad potty is going so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...