Friday, November 9, 2012

medical mumbo jumbo

I never write about cancer.  Mostly because I never think about cancer.  It's just a weird thing that happened to me last year that led me to this haircut. Yeah - we'll go with that.  

Anyways... I had a PET scan last Friday.  It's weird going in for these things because like I said - I never think about cancer.  Until I go in for a scan and everyone's like "oh hey! you're back! cute hair!" and then I have to wait a week for the results and I get a little nervous.   Actually my mom might be the worst.  Or Nick.  They get more worried than me.  

But the results were great.  I don't even need another scan for six months.  I go in again in February for some blood work and a check-up -- one year after I finished chemo.  A CT scan in May and hopefully an all-clear for another Goote baby.  Who's excited?!? Haha...

Everything was clear and awesome.  See?

So there's that.  I know you all were dying for an update.  

It's naptime around here and I had some rotten bananas so I made some delicious smelling muffins.  Now I'm just waiting for Elise to wake up so she can eat one bite and I can eat the rest.   

5 comments:

  1. So happy for your good news! Actually, it's GREAT news!!!!! YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go ahead and say...I would be VERY excited for another Goote baby. And what a GREAT day it was today. I got to be with Elise and we got an all clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still get a little teary when I think about you and cancer. I'm excited for another Goote cutie patootie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a good report again!!! Can't wait to see you at thanksgiving. How grown up you are that we are coming to YOUR house! I bet you won't try to lay on the couch while we do all the work, like your teen years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great!!! So so happy!!! And yes, I am very excited for another Goote baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...