Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nesting


As of right now - every single cabinet in my kitchen as been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. I dare you to try and find an expired canned good or tupperware without a lid. I dare you to to find two half used boxes of baking soda (I condensed). There will definitely not be a can of black beans that expired in 2007, or three canisters of instant oatmeal, two of which were opened and half used (I blame that one entirely on my husband).

Really Mom, I dare you. ***

I think the nesting instinct has kicked in. Last week I went through our linen closet upstairs and threw away every single stupid Bath & Body Works lotion I've had since high school. A few contained glitter. I think those used to be a lot cooler - I had about twelve. It's surprising how much space you actually have if you just throw away your crap and organize the stuff you actually use. Trust me, most of it is probably expired anyways.

***Let's clarify this. This very tempting dare is limited to only my kitchen and my upstairs linen closet. For now.

5 comments:

  1. What time do you want me over tomorrow for the inspection???

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is hysterical!! i hope the nesting sets in for me soon. better yet, why don't you make a trip to oklahoma and do it for me. i'll pay you. good luck with any other nesting endeavors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this is funny! When we moved from Nashville, I literally, literally had a 13 gallon trash bag full of crap from our bathroom cabinets. Ridiculousness! It feels good to clean out like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be even more nervous for an Auntie Terri inspection than a Mom inspection... and I've been subject to plenty of those over the years. Stace, remember how mom used to inspect the tub after we cleaned it? If she felt one iota of grit on her finger we had to redo it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...