Monday, July 19, 2010

35/35

Last weekend our sweet friends threw us a little baby shower. The girls and I headed down to Saugatuck and had dinner at the Butler, on the deck, with an oldies band. It was amazing. The only thing that might have made it a tiny bit better was a giant beer with an orange in it. After that we headed back to Josh & Krissy's where the guys were playing poker for some more food, fun, and presents! THANK YOU to you guys! We are so lucky to have such a great group of friends. This is Krissy, Me, Kari, and Anna. Thanks for dinner girls!

We stopped at the SantaFe Trading Co. to relive part of my childhood. We used to go down to Saugatuck quite a bit and my mom even got crafty and sold a few things in the store way back when. It still smells the same. They used to have a big dog that would just hang out there, but now there's just a picture of the dog and this cat -- which did not move the entire time we were in there. Auntie Winnie are you out there??? :-)

Krissy got crafty and made us this giant diaper cake. SO cute!

And here's a little belly update: 35 weeks pregnant. 35 days to go! Oh my gosh. Starting with my next doctor's appointment next week, I believe I go in every week after that to make sure Elise isn't trying to make an exit and catch us unaware (but really, I think I'd know). Up until week 33 I had escaped pretty much every pregnancy horror, but I don't think I'm going to make it out unscathed...here's looking at you, stretchmarks. Eh, I figure I can just add them to the collection I started in back in eighth grade.

11 comments:

  1. cute blog, rach! but where is the picture of nick and the pacifier from saturday night?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha your updates make me laugh so hard Rach! I love the birthing class updates....totally know what you're talking about. I love your observations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and I are cracking up crying! I love reading this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Rachy! You look adorable!!!!!

    I can't believe you went to the store! I wonder if they still have those candles, you know which ones I mean? And the turtle rings... I loved those! And worry dolls... wow, lots of memories there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rach, you are hysterical. You should be a professional writer; I am not kidding! You look SO cute. (And I know exactly how that store smells too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I have NO idea how that store smells but I DO know that you look precious!!! You definitely don't look 35 days away from giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel you look so good! I can't believe you only have five weeks left. I can't wait to see this little one. Thinking of you as you anticipate this huge blessing. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! You look so cute!! I can't believe how the time flies...Elise will be here so soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rach you look SO cute in all of those pictures. i love going to saugatuck, havent been there in forever! Can't wait to come home and see you and baby Elise at our shower : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I'm here! Glad you got to visit SF Trading. And the smell is the combination of the candles and soaps. (My guest bathroom still smells like it!) You're looking fabulous! Can't wait to meet baby Elise (very pretty name).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rach, for some reason I'm finding this line ironic:

    I believe I go in every week after that to make sure Elise isn't trying to make an exit and catch us unaware (but really, I think I'd know).

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...