Saturday, September 22, 2012

she's not tired, she's happy

Oh, Sweet Elise. 

She says new words every day - it's so adorable.  She thinks the word happy means she is awake.  So if she's not sleeping she's happy.  Which is basically true.

Me:  Elise you look so tired...are you sleepy?
Elise:  Nooooo!  I happy...happy happy!

Big news around here -- We are using the potty!  Not all the time - but we've had success with #1 and #2 (once - and she cried -- not quite sure what was going on there...).  She gets M&Ms when she goes potty - she loooves her some "em-ems".   Today we were in the kitchen, Elise was in the playroom, and she walks to the living room where we keep the diapers - grabbed one, says "poopy" and brings it back where she tries to put it on her baby.  I think we're ready to get serious about this.  Oy.  Please comment and leave any and all advice you have about potty training........  

These pictures are from a little "Run 4 Reading" 5k that West Side Christian put on at Millennium Park this week.  It was a beautiful night - and they have the best playground.  I should say that for us it was a leisurely walk for reading (we literally came in last)...what can I say - I did it for the kids. 






2 comments:

  1. She looks adorable in her new little shirt! That park sure looks fun, and I love how she says happy. That girl is the sweetest! I love her :) and good job on the p,otty training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with that potty training :) Definitely not my favorite mommy jobs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...