Thursday, August 9, 2012

advice for bald people

Hey look!  I'm on a blog! 

 Last week Ashley at Lil Blue Boo asked people to send in their before, during, and after chemo hair pictures for her 'Cancer Chronicles' series.  I got brave and sent mine in.  I only took ONE picture of myself the whole time I was bald.   Bald mistake #1.  I wish I had more, honestly.  Bald mistake #2 was letting myself think that keeping the 45 stragglers sorta long-ish was actually doing something for me.  It was definitely not the face framing layers I had once requested and sorta made me look like that old guy in church who thinks his combover looks like real hair.  Sorry to burst your bubble, buddy. 

Anywho......

July 2011, then Jaunary 2012, and exactly one year later -- July 2012. 

There it is.

So my advice for bald people on chemo is:

1.  Take more pictures.  Because hopefully this will never happen again and YOU WERE BALD.  Weirdo.
2.  Just get rid of it all once your head starts reflecting light.
3.  Bask in the glory of the fact you don't have to shave your legs.  Or anything really.  Except maybe your head.  (See #2)

So I'm sorta famous now.   I wonder if I will start getting recognized in public. 

5 comments:

  1. So proud of my famous cousin! I LOVE your short hair, something you would have probably never done before all of this and you look beautiful with it! That last picture is just so so sweet, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest, and yet most beautiful, thing I've read and seen in a long time! I love your new short do! That last pic is just so sweet. Love you rach!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...