Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm done. Let's party.

I had my last radiation treatment today.  My LAST treatment.  

It's been 8 months since I was diagnosed.  It seems so long ago, but it went by so quickly.  SO much has happened in 8 months.  We sold our house, lived at the lake, moved to a new house.  Elise has changed so much.  Fertility preservation.  12 chemo treatments.  Shots.  My hair fell out.  It's growing back in.  Three and a half weeks of daily radiation.  And now I'm done.  Done. I even got an award:
It kind of makes me feel like a first grader.  Someone even decorated it with flowers and a purple marker.  It's pretty awesome.  

So many people have helped us over the course of the last 8 months.  So we're having a little party.  A get-together.  A shin-dig.  For all our friends and family.  Anyone that brought us a meal, or sent us a card.  Or said an extra prayer for us.  We want to see ALL of you.  I see how many people read this little blog - everyone is welcome.  This means you!  It's just a little way for us to say a BIG thank you.

So mark your calendars.  June 2nd - a Saturday.  

It'll be open-house style.  We'll start around 4pm.  Come whenever you can.  Stay for a few minutes or stay all night.  We'd love to see you.  We'll have the grill going with hot dogs and burgers.  We'll have beer.  So come and celebrate with us.   We have a new house with lots of space.  And we beat cancer. 

If you're thinking about coming - please let me know so we have an idea of how many people to expect.  Just drop me an e-mail (rachelgoote@yahoo.com) or leave a comment with your e-mail address and I'll reply with our address and directions if you need them. 

DONE.  Whoohoo!

9 comments:

  1. Hooray! You're done! You look fabulous, by the way :) The Stursmas would love to come party with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!! We are sooooo happy for you!!! You are DONE! Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you, rach, and so happy for your WHOLE family. You guys have been through way more than you let on, and handled it so positively. Couldn't love you more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was AG by the way with Emily signed into my account. :0)

      Delete
  4. Strong work Rach, we're all very proud of you out here! I really wish that we could come to the party, I'd absolutely love to have a beer with you--I'd say you've earned it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! you did it! congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Rach. We are so happy for you. We're so proud of how you handled this thing--keeping your sense of humor, never complaining. I sure wish we could come to your party. We'll be thinking of you then (and always). Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you Rachel!!! And Elise! And Nick! I'll be smiling for a long time with this good news :) And I'll definitely lift up a glass in your honor ;) CHEERS!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...