Friday, November 5, 2010

Here's your sign...

So last night after some encouragement from my cousin Stacy, I decided that last night would be the night we nixed the bouncy seat. I was totally prepared. I went to the store to get this mobile with a remote that Stacy recommended, I mentally prepared myself that she can just cry it out until she falls asleep (within reason - I'm not going to torture my kid - but seriously, who's the boss here??). I was totally prepared not to get any sleep and just wait in agony until my little precious fell asleep.

Cue bedtime. Routine as usual...bath, jammies, a nice full tummy...here we go. I braced myself as I laid her down flat on her mattress, mobile remote in hand.

She just fell asleep. No crying. Nothing. (Insert hysterical laughter here)
I never even needed to use the $45 mobile I bought.

Apparently the bouncy seat was only a security issue for mommy. I lived in fear of that thing. And sweet Elise was just sick of it. The girl slept from 9:30 to 3, and then 3:30 to 8. This is a new record people!!

I am stupid.

Here's Elise in the morning - she is SO happy.

8 comments:

  1. Well...that was easy. Good job standing firm...as she just fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! Dave and Abby had to wean Jack from sleeping in his swing--you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we were weaning mommy, not elise! That baby is adorabe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to be tough rach! did you return the mobile?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I LOVE that video. She is so cute on there. I love her lips and her little thighs. And of course the sweet little noises.

    So funny how you were just bracing yourself for that... and it was nothing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loooove seeing those little baby legs just kicking and spinning! what a happy girl! so funny about your night. i'm just glad it happened the way it did. isn't it funny how they surprise you? makes you wonder what took so long...don't take that the wrong way. i've had my fair share of 'here's your sign' moments. and it's not any different with the second baby... here's to many more nights like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I love videos! So cute!! Glad things went well last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully we will be this lucky tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...