Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rough Morning

Elise and I had a rough morning. It went something like this:

3am: Elise wakes up, hungry. I am expecting this.
4am: She is done eating and WIDE awake. I still find this very cute.
5am: Still awake. She isn't crying or fussing, just VERY interested in life at this particular moment. Much less cute now. Finally get her sleepy enough in her bouncy seat to attempt sleep for myself.
6am: Elise wakes up hungry again. I am expecting this - but I am much less enthusiastic.
7am: She goes back to sleep in bouncy seat. I crawl out of the room on my hands and knees praying the floor doesn't creak. Nick's alarm is going off. I tell him if he wakes her up I will kill him. He is almost perky which annoys me. I fall asleep in 30 seconds and don't remember Nick leaving the house for work.
8:30am: Elise is fussing, I wake up. I take the fastest shower ever and blow dry my hair while she is making noises in her room. We have a doctors appointment at 10:45.
9:15am: Feed Elise. Change diaper and clothes for appointment.
10am: Rush upstairs to finish getting ready for appointment.
10:15am: Elise is in carseat. She fills her pants. Yay. I unstrap her, change her, and strap her back in. Load diaper bag and put it in car. Look for keys to start car. No keys. Anywhere. We have to leave at 10:30. Run around the house looking EVERYWHERE for keys. Dripping sweat at this point. Call my mom who was going with us to the appointment that she now has to pick us up.
10:30am: Call doctors office and tell them we'll be late. Phone call goes something like this:

Me: I'm SOOOO sorry - I cannot find my keys and we will be about 15 minutes late to our appointment, is that okay??
Bitchy Nurse: No. (dead silence)

Bitchy Nurse eventually said she'd "squeeze us in between patients" if we could be there at noon. Awesome. Mom arrives, switches carseat base to her car, and we go to Panera where we both ate an entire Chicken Artichoke panini. We didn't share.

So that has been my day so far. The doctors appointment went really well though - here are Elise's 2 week stats:
  • Weight: 6 whole lbs! (3rd percentile)
  • Height: 19" (9th percentile)
  • Head Circumference: 32.5 cm (1st percentile)
So we've got ourselves a TINY little girlie! Doctor says everything looks really good. After the appointment we headed home where we both took naps. And I still haven't found my keys.


This picture is from Elise's very first trip to Olive Garden yesterday.
She had a super time as you can tell.

6 comments:

  1. sometimes getting out of the house is the hardest darn thing. i can remember not brushing my teeth until i heard the garage door open upon sean's arrival home from work. nice.

    good luck finding your keys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i can't imagine how tired you must be! good thing she's just so darn cute (and i love her lips!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time don't call and let them know you'll be late - just be late. They'll get over it. People in Missouri are NEVER on time. Ditto Laura on her cute lips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to help ANY time..Man do I love that little baby! Did you find your keys yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those crazy days! Having a little baby is SUCH a new way of life. She has the CUTEST lips.

    I was going to make the same comment as my mom... don't call to tell them you'll be late. Better to apologize than ask permission. ;)

    Love ya, Rach!

    P.S. By baby 2 you don't care if they're making noises in their room while you shower. Or even crying *just a little* if you can take a 2 minute quick shower and help them in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup I was going to say the same thing. I don't think anyone show up on time for their kids appointments. That lady was MEAN!

    I was laughing out loud at that post! Getting out and going places WILl get easier!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...