Tuesday, August 31, 2010

okay then...

Okay folks...I get the whole eat, play, sleep thing. I read the book.
Any tips on keeping a baby awake during the day?? Someone suggested ice cubes to me today and I just think that sounds mean.

But we did have an awesome night last night after I spent the afternoon keeping her awake. We used rattles, singing, funny sounds, bouncing...it was exhausting (for both of us). We did a bath, ate, and she was down at 9:30, up at 1, 4, and 7. And she was only up about 45 minutes each time to eat. We're getting somewhere!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,
    It gets a whole lot easier after about 10 weeks. Mia used to sleep ALL the time. In fact, I had to wake her in the night those first few weeks so that she wouldn't sleep through her feedings because her weight had decreased. To wake her we'd use a warm wash cloth on her neck (to stimulate her but not be mean) and then we'd take out all her clothes. Clothes and blankets are warm and cuddly, and being naked makes it harder to sleep!
    Hope you're getting naps in when you can. It's really a battle! At 10 months, we are still getting up two times in the night now due to her waking up, getting up on her knees and not being able to get herself back down!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute, Rach! If it makes you feel better, I was up those same times last night with a FIFTEEN MONTH old who was a little freaked out by sleeping in a hotel bathroom... ;) It's a little cuter when they're a month old...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're doing everything you can and that pic shows that you're not getting anywhere...I'm cracking up by the way...but it WILL get better!!! I'll be doing my own share of this in about a week - yikes!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...