Sunday, August 17, 2014

we've come a long way, baby.

Forgive the lack of posts.  I'm nine months pregnant.  I don't feel like doing much of anything.  Besides getting this tiny human out.  I totally feel like doing that.  Kind of.

This post is coming from the brain of a highly emotional and kinda weepy pregnant lady.   Like I kept tearing up during my pedicure yesterday.  I don't know why.  

Three years ago this week we got some pretty crazy news.  Now really, I almost never even think about it, but those first few days were really scary.  I remember thinking I was a goner and my sweet one year old would never remember her mom.  Horrible thoughts that crossed all our minds before we knew all the details of what exactly was happening.  All we knew was cancer.   What happened was 6 months of chemo and radiation, a couple weird haircuts, and a new perspective on life in general.    

Now, three years later I am more pregnant than I've ever been (37 weeks to be exact) and super excited to to welcome another sweetheart baby girl.  Well, combine super excited with super uncomfortable and swollen.   I was kind of hoping Sister would make her debut today on the anniversary of that day - because that would be a really cool kind of full circle moment.  I guess there's still time.  

We've come a long way, baby.

You can come out now.  We can't wait to meet you. 


5 comments:

  1. this made me get tears! can't wait to meet that sweetheart baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad that's behind us...we love you Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of us who love you remember exactly what we were doing when we heard that news. Glad that is all done! Can't wait to see baby sister! Pedicures are supposed to make you go into labor. Since that didn't work, maybe you should try washing your windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you decided to post this! Love you sissy and we can't wait to meet baby sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crying. She's going to be so cute! Live the swollen comment. Ps. I do my blog again lately, fyi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...