Thursday, March 7, 2013

what that could be, mom?

This post is a random combination of some happenings around here lately. Mostly the hilarious things that come out of Elise's mouth. 



At my mom's one afternoon - rubbing Pacey-the-tiny-dog's tummy.  Pacey is uh...pretty well-endowed for such a tiny dog.  
E:  [pointing at Pacey's uh...you know] What that could be Mom?
Me:  Um...that's how Pacey goes potty.
This was accepted and she went about her business.   

********
E:  Not need my potty seat anymore.  My buns soooooooo big. 

********
E:  Hurts so much.
Me:   What hurts Elise?
E:   My tummy and my forehead.

********
Randomly in kitchen:
E:  I have little boobies!

********
E:  Mommy help me build this road.  You are super strong.

********
While going potty:
E:  I go-ning potty.  You hear potty coming out.  I so fart.  
(fart = smart)
 
********
She is napping about every other day now.  She could easily go without but I love me some naptime.  We try almost everyday.  I usually leave her in there 45 minutes or so - she's not crying or anything just talking to herself.   Today I sat outside her room for a few minutes and caught this:

you have sweatshirt on!
that could be my size?
Rrrrrroar....lions waking up.
Horsies eat hay and apples.
(fake laughing)  hahaha I laughing.   
reach and pull, reach and pull.  I put my toes underwater.
Somebody get me out my bed.  Go downstairs mom!
I have baby hair.  Big hair?  Little hair! 
I'm so little just like a baby!  I'm so big! Little! BIG!  (more fake laughing)
Sings 'ring around the rosie' complete with jumping and falling.
No no no no nooooooo....
Not me sleepy anymooooore!
I need panties on!  Panties downstairs please!

So finally I go in. 
I'm so happy now.  Take tiiiiiny nap. 

******************

She makes me laugh all day.   She also makes me go into every public restroom in the greater Grand Rapids area.  You don't argue with a 2 year old who says she has to go potty.  The one time I don't I know I'll regret it.   It's exhausting.  Mostly she just sits there and says "try again pretty soon" and then we have to wash our hands "all by myself!". 
  
 Um - and look at how smart my kid is.   She did this totally by herself.  E-L-I-S...  I told her to make another E but she said "here's a circle for you Mom". 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie!

    Hey, 45 minutes? It's an hour over here. Don't feel bad... she's having fun! And you need a rest, even from the cuteness. I have friends who make their kids stay for 2 hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is too funny sometimes, I bet you were cracking up listening to her nap commentary! Love her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...