Wednesday, February 5, 2014

snowiest.winter.ever.

Nick spent last weekend driving to Chicago and back helping to move Auntie Sarah & Uncle Adam.    They are moving there so Adam can go to fancy nurse anesthetist school.  (Thank you Lord for spell check.)  So Elise and I went and stayed at the Lake for two nights.  

Elise was in heaven. 
My parents were overtaken by their favorite three year old for 48 hours.  
I think they loved it too.  ;-)

We tried to play outside.  Tried.  We caught some snowflakes on our tongue.  

We shoveled a little.  Note the snow behind Elise is taller than she is. 

She wanted to go sledding so bad.  
We could barely walk in the snow.  

Grandpa attempted to carry her up the hill.  
The snowdrifts were almost waist deep.  

We couldn't pull her on the sled either.  It would sink right in and she would roll off.   Here she's probably yelling "I can do it!! I will just crawl over there!"

Grandpa tried to make a sledding path.  No dice. 

So we gave up and went inside for hot chocolate. 


2 comments:

  1. So funny! That picture of dad carrying Elise up the hill made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren I was gonna say the same thing! That is too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...