Friday, May 17, 2013

good news and hair pics

We met with my oncologist this morning for the results of the CT scan I had last week and everything looks clear!  Hooray.   Now we're good until my next scan in November.   This month marks one year since I finished all my treatment (chemo+radiation).  

Here's quite the comparison for ya - this is how much hair grows in a year:

Last year our spring break was after chemo and before my radiation started.  I was so sick of my hot wig I left it home and walked around in public with a slightly fuzzy shiny head.   Notice my drawn on eyebrows...oh my word. 
  
A great start to the weekend.  Aubrey is graduating from Calvin so there's lots of fun things coming up.  I just wish it would warm up a little...
  
And as always...

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Rachel. Your mom called to tell me. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I see last years picture...it is surprising, because I thought you were getting lots of hair back and looked super cute! That might have been the reason why people were always looking at us with sad eyes...But nothing to be sad about today! I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so, so, so happy Rach! Elise's hair grew as much as yours. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AG on your moms iPad waiting for y'all to get home. You look great whether you have hair or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps. AG again. Best news EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is SO cute! SO Happy for your wonderful report!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...