Saturday, February 16, 2013

"happy best-times day"

It was sort of a big weekend around here.  

Valentine's Day marked one year since my last chemo treatment. 

Today we went to see my doctor where I just had some simple bloodwork.   If there had been anything weird with that they would have seen it and ordered more tests - but it was all good.  I scheduled a CT scan for May which will mark a year since the end of radiation, and took home a goodie bag filled with a berry-flavored barium sulfate smoothie.   We took Elise with us and I'm pretty sure she cheered up every single person there.  

Remember last year?  This year was way more fun.  Grandma & Grandpa Goote took care of Elise overnight and my Dad used his points and got us a fancy room at the JW Marriott downtown.  Bow chicka wow wow...just kidding.  Kind of.  Hi Mom.  

Anyways...

We went to dinner and the comedy club, and finished off the night with some drinks at the hotel.  The next morning (after their Saturday morning donut) The Gootes brought Elise to pool to go swimming.   Such a fun day.    

Our actual Valentine's day was pretty uneventful.  We went with my mom to Meijer to pick up some groceries and Qdoba for their BOGO lunch (if you kissed someone in line - Elise was my happy partner).   At one point she was carrying a valentine's balloon, a pack of stickers, new Elmo band-aids, and a penny for the pony.  Lucky girl.  

 I gave her a card to color for Nick.  


She added some stickers.  The selection of stickers cracked me up - mean Rapunzel wielding a frying pan, "'punzel's froggie" about to punch someone, and a scared Flynn with his hands tied.  Love you, Daddy.  
So - from Elise - "Happy Best-times Day" and from the rest of us - thanks for keeping us in your thoughts the past year.  I know a lot of people read this blog and have followed along with us this past year and a half - so thank you!

3 comments:

  1. So, so, so glad that was a whole year ago. I got teary reading this post and clicking back to the one last year. So thankful you are fine!!!!!!!! PS your bow chick a bow part made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry, too! So so so happy for your sweet family! Elise said it best, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the cutest thing... Happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...