Thursday, December 20, 2012

christmas past

I scanned a few Christmas-y pictures of when we were little. Mostly I was looking for any where Elise looks like anyone on my side of the family - but she's a Goote through and through. :-) That's okay though - they're cute as can be.

That little Santa thing is the best.   It holds candy canes and has been around forever.   I'm pretty sure my mom painted it.  Also - These are the cutest dresses and wish I still had them!  

Same age as Elise.  No resemblance whatsoever.  :-)

Doesn't everyone love our matching choker necklaces and ruffled shirts with vests?  
I'm kind of dying to recreate this one - it would involve me grabbing Aubrey's boobs, side ponytails, my mom in a french braid and popcorn strands on the Christmas tree.  

I love Lauren in this picture.  She's the sweetest.  And it looks like Aubrey was bribed with a candy cane.  Also, I'm wearing a fanny pack in the family Christmas photo - I wonder what I had in there...

I wonder if Lauren would want to re-create this photo this year?  Bahahaha...


9 comments:

  1. And do you see the bare spots on the popcorn string at the bottom...That was the year Lauren always ate the tree decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel- this post made my day! Have a great Christmas and happy photo-op re-creating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few comments...
    1. Elise looks nothing like you, except maybe the tiny bit of strawberry blonde hair.
    2. I think those green dresses are adorable. Elise would totally rock it.
    3. Mom, I'm sorry I ruined your very awesome tree decorations.
    4. I don't think anyone would want me to recreate that last picture now. When you're older fat rolls arn't nearly as cute. And rach, we would get to see your boobies! Might be worse for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5. Dad is wearing the same sweater in both pictures, must have been his only Christmas one.
    6. mom, you're so skinny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny! I love these old pics. It makes me want to go through mine. You should definitely recreate some of these. :P I think Elise has your eyes.. she does look like you! (a little)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! I'm pretty sure those green dresses got handed down from my girls. If I had not let your mom borrow them, rach, I would still have them for Elise to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet post. And I think Terri looks SO GLAMOROUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok this post made me laugh til I cried. SO funny. I remember those ruffle shirts and chokers, you guys got them at Target. We were at Auntie Winnies' house and I remember REALLY wanting to go to Target and get an outfit like that. You all were so cool.
    AT does look really glamorous, like a Chicos' model!
    ANd Uncle Brian is also wearing the same denim shirt under that sweater, so funny.
    The fanny pack REALLY cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...