Wednesday, September 10, 2014

baby charlotte's here!

I figured y'all would probably want to see some pictures of baby Charlotte's birthday.  

I went into labor early Tuesday morning - I felt what I thought was a contraction at 5am, very shortly followed by another one...and we were on the road to the hospital within 20 minutes.  Nick's dad got here so fast after we called him - it was amazing.   Of course it was Judy's first day of school so she had to stay home.  

Long story short - actually this isn't a long story.  When they checked me at the hospital I was already at an 8, and by the time they were wheeling me into the delivery room she was ready to go.  The epidural man was called but sadly did not arrive in time.  I have now earned my mom's respect in the "childbirth without drugs" department.  Charlotte was born at 6:51 am.   

Here she is - Miss Charlotte Grace:



Elise spent the morning in kindergarten at West Side Christian and came to see her sister after lunch.  Also - giving birth is not glamorous. 

She was so excited to meet her sister.  

I cried. 








"looks she's grabbing my finger!"











  

2 comments:

  1. She is just the cutest thing! And you look so good, too! So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest sweetest little thing! Elise, you, and Charlotte pics made me teary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...