Sunday, June 1, 2014

vintage desk re-do [and a room tour]

 So it's only a matter of time before we will need our big comfy rocking chair in Baby Sister's room.  Because I think I remember babies getting up a lot at night.  And wanting food and clean diapers and stuff.  Ugh - so needy (kidding).   I better re-read my "What to Expect" book...

I wanted something super cute in Elise's room to fill the void of the giant chair.   I wanted an old school desk to kind of go with the vintage-y look of her room.  And as luck would have it - I have super awesome teacher in-laws who I texted with my idea, and proceeded to drop off my perfect desk within the week.   Who knew these were hiding in a West Side Christian attic?

 They dropped off this desk - and while pretty cute to begin with it was pretty dirty and the paint was super scratched up.  So I cleaned it and sanded it and taped it up for spray paint.  This beauty (which I got for free) was completely transformed for less than $15 dollars.  Everyone go tell Nick how thrifty I am. 


Before:

After:

So now there's no more baby stuff in Elise's room.  A little sad.  But without the eyesore that is the rocking chair I can finally call her room "done".

My mom and Lauren wallpapered her wall right after we moved in. 
It's really just 12x12 scrapbook paper with wallpaper paste.  
I sat in a chair and handed them paper - because I was all on chemo and stuff.  

Look at that beauty...

Her bed and dressers were mine when I was little. 
 I just painted them white and changed the hardware. 

Lauren actually found the old windowpane at a flea market.  Or yard sale.  Or something.  She likes those kinds of things.  AND she made her lampshade.   After her wall was done I could not for the life of me find any bedding to go with it.  Or curtains.  So I made them.  



Sometimes I just go in here to look at it for a few minutes.  
Next project:  Baby Sister's room!

THANK YOU to Jim & Judy for finding this desk for me (and Elise)!

7 comments:

  1. Whoa! Fancy rach! And that's exactly how I had the desk pictured in my head. Adorable! And I still can't believe you made that bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is beautiful! I had one of those desks when I was growing up...LOVED it! Wish I still had it now for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE most adorable room ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Love it all!! I sure wish I had that kind of hook up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...